Thursday, January 12, 2006

How could an angel break my heart!

I met this man a little while ago six months to be exact, at a company event. We both work in the medical fields and we had an annual meeting. We were introduced and we spent the greater part of the evening engrossed in deep conversation. It was obvious there was chemistry between us. He was about 30 years old, 6 ft tall, medium built with very seductive features. I fell in love instantly but I couldn't quite read him, this further intrigued me because I usually know when a man is into me. I was cautious about flashing green lights so I maintained a steady yellow. Our friendship grew as we began seeing more and more of each other and sharing thoughts about what our ideal partner would be, we would call each other day and night and share the most intimate secrets, it was as if I found a soul mate. I found that we were completely ourselves when we were together and there was no form of pretence. I believed in love and I believed in soul mates and I also believed in the myth that there is just one partner created for each being, faith brings you to meet that person but I believe it is then left to you to ensure you don't miss out on the opportunity. This has always been my explanation or justification for my past failed relationships and it was enough to comfort me. We would take turns sleeping over each other's homes without any form of physical intimacy, our conversation or even silence was completely fulfilling! It can't get any better than this I thought, but it did! It got better with each passing moment! His friends and mine were envious of the time we share together and swore we were a couple; we would look at them and then at each other and laugh it off like it their notions were absurd. We enjoyed all of the same things but mostly we enjoyed being with each other. This went on for six months and I started getting greedy! I wanted him emotionally but mostly physically! I felt a famishing hunger I never knew existed and I wasn't sure how to tactfully make my feelings known. I decided to invite him to dinner; I chose a restaurant we both enjoyed. It was a romantic evening and I was oozing with optimism, he arrived at the restaurant right on time and I was waiting eagerly at our favorite table, which I reserved beforehand. As he made his way to meet me, I was flooded with emotions; I pictured our life together, we would have such beautiful, intelligent and well mannered children, we would live in a vast estate with all of life's opulence but most importantly we would be together…. Forever!He tapped my shoulder to bring me out of my trance; I uttered my apologies and told him I had a lot on my mind. We ordered from the menu and had wonderful conversation, about work, the weather the political situations, about every thing but our plans for OUR future. I figured this was my chance to share my thoughts with him, cause even though nothing we've shared has alludes to us being a couple, I secretly felt betrothed to this man and no other man has measured up since I met him.I told him being in my life the last six months has taken away all fears and reservations I had about life, about love. I told him I loved him, not in the brotherly way but in the man loves woman way and I have had these feeling since our initial meeting and I wanted to know if he felt the same way. I told him I would love for us to take our friendship to the next level and become a couple. I ended my spiel with 'Later on in my destiny, I see myself having your child, I see myself being your wife and I see my whole future in your eyes'.Throughout my entire discourse he was silent his face was without expression so I did not have a feel for his thoughts. He held my hands and looked into my eyes and said that he is flattered that I have these feelings for him but he is unable to fulfill my destiny because he is GAY!