Thursday, January 12, 2006

So he loves you?...So why does he beat you?

I have often wondered what would drive a man to beat a woman. What could she possibly do? I can understand as a couple coming from different walks of life it is challenging sometimes even outright impossible to coalesce those differences but there are options? There are always options. These abusive traits were not evident in your courtship, you never saw it coming, his jealousy was kinda cute, it was his way of showing he loved you, but did he really love you? You received your first beating five months into your relationship, wedding plans were in tow, you were carrying his child so the families thought you should formalize things. It was a simple argument really; it always was but that simple argument landed you in intensive care for 5 days! You are far too embarrassed to tell anybody so the lies began "I FELL DOWN THE STAIRS" was all you offered to those who asked. You call off the wedding and made a fresh start but it was just a matter of time till he made his way back in. He came with an army, they pleaded and cried and made you promises…. "IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN" was their unified chant. You weighed your options; you didn't really have a choice, who will accept you? You are officially AFTER ONE!You tried all your might to make a home with this man but resentment didn't give way; yes, you had forgiven but you just can't forget!He must have seen the resentment and he didn't quite understand; his frustration must have driven him to strike you once again! There goes another lie "I TRIPPED ON MY WET FLOOR" then there was the time "I GOT HIT BY A CAR". Why were you making excuses? Why didn't you get some help? His friend started to hint you that it was time to make your leave; you grew up in a home divided so you vowed to do you best. He had convinced you that without him your survival would be taxing. Who would help you raise your child? Ten hospital trips latter, you sit and count your scars then you realize you could have died! You decided to put it all in God's hand and allow HIM make a way? Through God's way you found your way and left the bastard behind.According to statistics over a million women die every year as a result of spousal abuse. If you or someone you know is being physically or emotionally abused get some help! There are options! I am a living testimony that there are options! I was one of those chicks that vowed "it could never happen to me" but guess what? it did and it could happen to you too. I know a lot of folks are thinking? Bola is doing way too much sharing today? Well that's quite alright, the way I see it, if my sharing can deliver just ONE woman then I have done my share!. I implore you all to do yours!