Friday, January 13, 2006

Money couldn't buy this....

As amazing as my life seems, I am really not happy, I have a husband who adores me. I am a partner in one of the most prestigious law firms and my man is an Investment Banker at Goldman Sachs together we make a quarter million annually. We live in the same estate as Sidney Sheldon and we drive the most luxurious cars, you name it we’ve got it.
My husband and I met about 6 years ago at fundraiser and it was love at first sight, his body was immaculate and his smile could have been a poster board for a Colgate ad. I was there with a colleague of mine and we drooled as he shook hands with the elites of Santa Barbara, I was certain he was an actor, because he had a certain aura the Denzel could not withstand. He stopped dead in his tracks as he saw me; it was almost like he’d seen a ghost and he composed himself, aware that we’d become disturbed at his sudden stare. “Olarotimi Manuel” he offered in the most arousing voice I have heard to date. I felt my knees buckle before me as he reached for my perfectly manicured hand. “Ranti Balogun, and this is my friend Bola Williams” I responded as he took my hand to his perfect succulent lips. We chatted the entire evening and Bola had spotted and old boyfriend so Rotimi and I were alone. We exchanged cards at the evenings end and I felt really warm all the way home even though it was 50 degrees.
By the time I got to my office the next morning, flowers had been delivered. 2 dozens long stemmed white orchids with a card attached that read “I see my future in you” I was flushed, I though of calling him to say thank you but I had a 9’oclock meeting that was mandatory, “I will call after that” I thought. I was absent minded at the meeting, I held his business card and I could smell his scent, the nostalgic feelings overwhelmed me as I replayed our entire evening scene by scene like it was some hallmark movie. After three long hours of endless ranting, the meeting was adjourned and I rushed to my office to call my prince charming. My secretary, Allison met me at the door and said “ you have 12 messages Miss Balogun…from the same person…some Mr. Manuel!” I could tell see was irritated; poor heifer probably hadn’t been laid in ages.
I sat at my desk and read each of my messages…I miss you, call me; you are the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen…call me; Are you free for dinner? Call me; I am really glad we met…call me; Its Rotimi…Call me. I was interrupted by my phone it was Allison, “Miss Balogun, its Mr. Manuel on line one…. again!”, “Thanks Allison!” I straightened my hair and fixed my collar (like he could see me over the phone). “Well, well aren’t you persistent” I said jokingly and he laughed and said “only when my eye is on the prize”. The truth is, if this was any other man, I would have considered him a stalker and had my girl Bola Williams draw up a restraining order with a quickness but I liked this one, in fact…I really, really liked this one! We were together every single night for the next 3 months, I wanted to take it slow but he always shock the sense out of me with his sweetness. There were flowers everywhere, he wrote me little notes and sent me email, and I had to block him from my messenger so he wouldn’t distract me at work. It was bit overwhelming but in a feel good way. He was so romantic, he counted the dates we went on and entered every detail in his palm. I met his family, very nice folks they told me stories of how he’d always been good with money, never spending a cent and always saving for a rainy day, its no wonder he became a banker helping people invest their money. My friends adored him, he was polite and he always made sure everyone around him was having a blast and then there was that winning smile…what did I ever do to deserve this great man. On our 4th month anniversary or so he called it, he prepared this elaborate meal of Egusi and Eba and even made me pepper soup for dessert. Damn, this is way too good to be true! The man even cooks!!!
After dinner we made love for the first time…or tried to at least. He was having problems keeping his hard on. I was frustrated, I had been waiting for this piece of man candy to put it on me all this time and he just could keep it up! He apologized and told me we’d try again another time.
We were successful the next time around and it wasn’t the best but at least I got some…I was starting to be cranky like Allison from sexual tension. On that night he proposed to me, with a 3.5 karat yellow solitaire diamond. How could I refuse? I had fallen in love; he was perfect, well almost.... we could work on the sex right? Amazing sex took work and in depth knowledge of one another’s body and needs, I had learnt that in my Sexual Awareness class.
We had a huge wedding and invited everyone we knew and it was beautiful…the most amazing day in my life! I was happy but my happiness was short lived. We continued to have tremendous difficulty in bed and sex became more of a task rather that the art it ought to be. I suggested we see a doctor but my sweet husband was far to embarrassed to do that. I managed to convince him after about a year of abstinence by force. I felt my heart drop as the doctor calmly informed us that my Olarotimi had ED, Erectile Dysfunction. So here I am 6 years of marriage and I can count on my hands how many times we’ve had sex. We have tried all sorts of medication, tests and study, money is not a factor, but I am an unhappy woman, who would have though sex would be the determinant of my happiness.

Not to poke fun at the men with this problem, rather to educate them that early detection makes ED easier to treat, so where your livelihood is concerned, I beg leave the ego and pride out of it and see a doctor. A lot of men suffer from ED; if detected early, successful treatment of ED has been demonstrated to improve intimacy and satisfaction, improve sexual aspects of quality of life as well as overall quality of life.